Tewksbury Athletic Association
Spirit of Program Participation
The Coach ...
1. Treats own players and opponents with respect.
2. Inspires in the athletes a love for the game and the desire to compete fairly.
3. Acts in a manner consistent with position as "role model" to the athletes.
4. Disciplines those on the team who display unsportsmanlike behavior:
5. Knows he/she is a teacher and understands that sports is a learning experience.
6. Maintains own composure and poise despite pressure situations, and expects the players to conduct themselves the same way,
The Player ...
1. Treats opponents with respect and will not employ or respond to taunting/baiting.
2. Plays hard, but plays within the rules of the game.
3. Exercises self-control at all times, setting the example for others to follow.
4. Respects officials and accepts their decisions without gesture or argument.
5. Wins without boasting, loses without excuses, and NEVER quits.
6. Always remembers that it is a privilege to represent the township/community.
7. Constantly provides positive support for the team and teammates without without assigning blame for losses or glory for wins. Win and lose as a team.
The Spectator/Parent ...
1. Provides enthusiastic, POSITIVE support to the child and their team.
2. Appreciates a good play no matter who makes it.
3. Shows compassion for an injured player, applauds positive performances.
4. Does not heckle, jeer, or distract players and avoids profane, obnoxious language and behavior.
5. Respects the judgment and strategy of the coach, and does not criticize players or coaches for loss of a game.
6. Respects officials and accepts their decisions without gesture or argurnent.
7. Respects the property of others and authority of those who administer the competition.
8. Censures those whose behavior is unbecoming or inappropriate.